Feb 20, 2011

Pardon My Siesta

Ok, if anyone is reading this and still cares, sorry for leaving off so abruptly. Our internet connections have been spotty at best and I haven’t had the motivation to leave the beach to sit in front of a computer. Can you blame me? I’m staring at crystal clear blue-green water, a warm, inviting sandy beach that stretches for miles around a bay, with pristine waves all over (even though the waves are their lowest of the year, which is good for me). Puerto Escondido is perhaps the most laid back, beautiful paradise on the planet. Right now I’m sitting in a hammock on the balcony of my hotel, watching dozens skydivers lazily drift to the beach as the neverending waves of Zicatella beach get shredded by great surfers. James and our new German friend Katerine are cuddled up together in a hammock. Carlos is engrossed with Fidel Castro’s autbiography. And Lotem, and Isreali surfer is watching the break…and whatever passing eye-candy happens to schlep through the alley underneath our balcony. The weather is perfect, 80 degrees with a crisp sea breeze and we can see the sperm whales migrating through the bay on thir way south for the winter, the only things missing are other good friends and family. But enough about Puerto Escondido for now, I have to write about Oaxaca.

No comments: